Carotene Rich Chill Bars are loaded with healthful ingredients! they are practically medicinal!
You can easily call these Carotene Rich Chill Bars “Super Bars”. They are so loaded with healthful ingredients that it’s practically medicinal! And at the same time, they are delicious! They are also gluten and dairy free.
- The Omega-3s from flax and chia seeds are essential fatty acids that are anti-inflammatory.
- The soluble fiber from all the seeds and fruits will make your digestive tract and the beneficial bacteria in it very happy.
- High protein, vitamins and mineral content will provide required material for your internal biochemistry lab.
Health Benefits Of Carotenes
This bar is loaded with good for us compounds from carotene group. They come from dried apricots, Goji berries, and red palm oil.
- Carotenes are powerful antioxidants and protect against many types of cancer, including breast, lung, colon, bladder and others.
- Carotenes might improve sensitivity of our cells to insulin, improving blood-sugar regulation.
- Beta-carotenes are known as vitamin A, but they are really a precursor to vitamin A. The conversion of beta-carotenes into the true vitamin A is a 13-step enzymatic process. Sounds complicated? It is, and not all of us can complete this process effectively. Animal source of vitamin A, like chicken or beef liver (Vitamin Rich Pate), delivers true vitamin A.
Health Benefits Of Goji Berries
Goji berries are probably the most nutrient-dense berries on the planet! They contain up to 21 different trace minerals, essential fatty acids, complete protein, 2-4 times the amount of antioxidants found in blueberries, and long-chain polysaccharides that enhance the functioning of our immune system.
Carotene Rich Chill Bars
1 cup gluten-free oats
½ cup flaxseed meal
½ cup pumpkin seeds
2 Tbsp Raw Organic Chia Seeds
8-10 dried apricots
¼ cup Goji berries
¼ tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp apple sauce
2 Tbsp red palm oil
¼ cup raw honey
½ cup sunflower seeds
- In a food processor pulse together oats, flaxseed meal, pumpkin and chia seeds, Goji berries, apricots and salt.
- Place the jar of palm oil in hot water to melt it. Use the same measuring spoon/cup for oil and honey, starting with oil first and then honey. This will make the honey slide right off the spoon instead of sticking to it. Add the oil, honey and applesauce to the food processor and mix together.
- Take the blade out, add the sunflower seeds and mix them in with a spatula.
- Line a container (about 8×5 or 6×6 in) with parchment paper and spread the mixture out. Sprinkle with some sunflower seeds and use your hand to flatten the mixture in the container.
- Let cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight. Take out of the container, cut into 1×2 inch pieces and serve as a snack or dessert. Keep refrigerated. Makes 16-18 bars.