Rates and Insurance
Insurance reimbursement for nutrition services
I’m a licensed nutritionist in the state of Maryland and in Washington DC. However, I don’t directly participate with any insurance companies. Depending on your health insurance plan, you may receive a partial or full reimbursement for nutrition counseling. That’s why, after each session, I’ll provide you with a Superbill to submit to your insurance.
To get more information on reimbursement please call your insurance company. Have your date of birth and insurance card handy.
Here is what you might want to ask them:
- Do I have out-of-network coverage? If yes, continue with the rest of the questions.
- What is my annual out-of-network deductible and when does it reset?
- How much do I still need to pay to meet the deductible this year?
- Is Medical Nutrition Therapy (CPT 97803 and 97802) covered by my plan?
- How many visits can I have in the contract year? When does the contract year start?
- Do I have to have a medical necessity to be reimbursed for a nutrition service? In other words, are the nutrition services benefits in my plan limited to certain ICD-10 (diagnosis) codes? Which ones?
- How do I submit a superbill for insurance reimbursement?
Be sure to record the date/time of the call and the call reference number.
Nutrition services rates and payment options
- 15-minute discovery call -free
- Initial Nutrition Consultation -$180.00
- 3-visit package, including initial and 2 followup visits – $399.00
- 3-followup visits package – $330
- 6-followup visits package – $600
Full payment for the session or package is due on the day of your appointment or before.
I prefer payments via Zelle or Venmo. I do accept HSA credit and debit cards along with other major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel or reschedule at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.