Quinoa Shiitake and Chard Sauté provides us with a good amount of protein and is very high in fiber and minerals.
Quinoa Shiitake and Chard Sauté, although vegetarian, provides us with a good amount of protein and is very high in fiber and minerals.
Health Benefits Of Quinoa
- Quinoa is not just a fancy grain. Well, it’s actually isn’t a grain at all it’s a seed. Quinoa plant is a relative to beets and spinach.
- Quinoa is high in protein content. And it contains high quality protein or what we call “complete protein”. That means that it has all essential amino acids that our body needs to build our own proteins.
- It’s gluten-free.
Health Benefits Of Shiitake Mushrooms
- Shiitake are high in protein.
- More importantly, they enhance the functioning of our immune system and provide protection against cancer.
- They are also high in many B vitamins (except for B12), and provide some vitamin D.
Quinoa Shiitake and Chard Sauté
1 cups quinoa
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1 bunch rainbow chard
10-15 shiitake mushrooms
Salt & pepper to taste
Chives for garnish (optional)
- Combine one cup of quinoa with two cups of water, bring to a boil, add 1/2 tsp salt. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut onion in half and then slice it from the stem end to the root end. In a skillet over medium heat sauté the onion.
- Fold each leaf of chard in half and cut out the stem. Slice the stems thinly and add them to the skillet. Roll up the leaves together and slice, add to the skillet.
- Separate the legs and the tops of the mushrooms. Slice the legs and the tops and separate (or discard the legs), add to the skillet, sauté for 2 minutes and turn off.
- Combine the vegetables with the quinoa, sprinkle with chives and serve.
- Serve with Pork Shoulder, Turbot or enjoy by itself.