Broccoli beef is a one-pot meal and I alway loved this kind of dishes because they are huge time savers!
Broccoli beef is a one-pot meal and I alway loved this kind of dishes because they are huge time savers! This recipe has almost no carbs and will work well for people who are trying to lose weight or improve blood sugar numbers.
I’m a big advocate for grass fed meat. When animals eat the food that nature intended for them to eat, spend time outside in the sun they are healthy.
Health Benefits Of Broccoli
Broccoli belongs to the cabbage, or brassica, family. The whole cabbage family is cancer protective, inhibits tumor formation, and helps detoxify carcinogens. The cabbage family is also goitrogenic, which means it’s not recommended to people with low thyroid function. You can reduce the goitrogenic effect when you cook the vegetable. Another helpful bit of information is that broccoli has twice the amount of vitamin C as an orange.
Broccoli Beef - a one pot time saver
1 pound grass-fed beef skirt steak
¼ cup white wine
2 Tbsp Ume plum vinegar
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
1 onion, sliced
3 head broccoli
salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the steak thinly across the grain. Combine the wine, vinegar and garlic in a bowl, add the meat and mix well. Marinate for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, separate the broccoli florets, peel the stems and cut then into one inch pieces. Slice the onion lengthwise.
- Squeeze the marinade from the steak and reserve for later. Add oil to a wok or a large skillet and over high heat slightly brown the meat leaving it rare on the inside. Make sure not to crowd the skillet. Set aside.
- Add more oil to the skillet if needed and sauté the onions for 3-5 minutes. Then, add the broccoli, sauté for a minute, add ¼ cup of water, lower the heat, cover with a lid and steam-sauté for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the steak and reserved marinade to the skillet, cook stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes. Adjust the seasoning and serve with Roasted Beets and Arugula Salad.