Banana Pancakes - Gluten and Dairy-free - are easy and fast to make, and it's a delicious and satisfying breakfast!
Banana pancakes are easy and fast to make, and it’s a delicious and satisfying breakfast! To begin with, bananas and coconut flower add the sweetness that instantly became my kids’ (and husband’s) favorite. In addition, this breakfast is protein and fiber rich, and are gluten, nut and dairy-free. It has enough fat to give a sense of satiety and it is low on sugar. All this makes it a perfect breakfast for people with blood sugar issues, or gluten and dairy sensitivities, and for people trying to loose weight and reduce sugar cravings.
Health Benefits of Coconut Flour
Coconut flour is high in protein and very high in fiber with just two tablespoons containing 8-9 grams of mostly insoluble fiber. Insoluble fiber provides the bulk that gives us a feeling of fullness and helps elimination and enhances gut health. Coconut flour and oil are high in medium-chain fatty acids that are much easier to digest and absorb than other vegetable oils and butter. As a result, people who normally have a hard time digesting fats do very well with coconut oil.
Health Benefits of Bananas
Although ripe bananas have higher sugar content than unripe bananas, they are easier to digest and also have higher antioxidant content. Bananas are also a good source of vitamin B6 and C, manganese, potassium and magnesium, which makes them a nutrient dense source of carbs.
You can read about the benefits of flaxseeds here.
Banana Pancakes (Gluten and Dairy-free)
- In a bowl mash bananas with a fork.
- Add eggs and mix well with mashed bananas.
- Add flaxseed, coconut flower and salt and mix well together.
- Over low to medium heat melt a teaspoon of coconut oil in a frying pan. When the pan and oil are hot (not smoking) place a tablespoon of batter at a time to cover the surface of the frying pan with pancakes. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add more oil and continue with the rest of the batter.
- Makes about 18-20 silver dollar sized pancakes.