Noodles With Shiitake, Shrimp, and Asparagus is a one-pot meal, a real time saver
Noodles With Shiitake, Shrimp, and Asparagus is another one-pot meal, a real time saver that will take only 20-25 minutes to make.
I recommend buying wild caught shrimp, as well as fish. It’s important to eat the flesh of healthy animals. And animals will be healthiest if they live in their natural habitat and eat the food they are supposed to eat.
Health Benefits Of Shiitake
Shiitake mushrooms support our immune system with antiviral and antitumor qualities. They are also immune system modulators which means they can enhance or calm the system, depending of what’s needed.
Health Benefits Of Asparagus
Asparagus contains rutin, a compound that protects small blood vessels, so it is great for the cardiovascular system. Rutin also counteracts the negative effects of x-rays and radiation. Asparagus is the food highest in glutathione, the most important antioxidant in our body. You can read more on benefits of asparagus here.
Noodles With Shiitake, Shrimp, and Asparagus
- Cover the noodles in boiling water, let stand 10-15 minutes (check the instructions on the package), drain and cut with scissors.
- While the noodles are steeping , slice the onion lengthwise, break off the hard ends of the asparagus and cut them into 1 inch long pieces, slice the mushrooms and the peppers.
- Add coconut oil to the wok and over high heat stir fry the shrimp for 3-5 minutes, until their translucency is gone. Set aside.
- Add more oil to the skillet if needed and fry the onions for 3 minutes. Add the asparagus, sauté for 3-5 minutes, then add the peppers and lastly the mushrooms and garlic, cook for a couple of minutes
- Return the shrimp back to the wok, add the noodles and the coconut milk, bring to a boil. Adjust the seasoning, turn off and garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Serve with some fermented food.