This dairy-free and creamy sauce is a delicious substitute for sauces made with milk.
This dairy-free and creamy sauce is a delicious substitute for sauces made with milk. If you are on a dairy-free diet this sauce is an excellent way to replace your favorite dairy sauces! In addition, no need to feel deprived of the foods you love. Most of my condiments are dairy-free, go ahead and check them out.
Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts
- Cashews are the best nuts for creating a creamy consistancy as they are soft and not too oily, in fact, they contain lower amount of fat than most other nuts.
- Because raw cashews are hard to digest and because their out shell is toxic it’s best to soak them and rinse really well before eating.
- Cashews are rich in iron, zinc, copper, magnesium, manganese, and phosphorus.
- They also have a fairly high amount of protein (5 g of protein in 1 ounce of nuts) with an excellent amino acid composition, all essential amino acids are there. Cashews and pistachio are the only nuts with a complete amino acid profile.
Dairy-Free and Creamy Sauce
1 cup cashew nuts, soaked
1 cup water
2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp sea salt
2 garlic clove
1 Tbsp fresh parsley leaves (optional)
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Soak the nuts for 2-4 hours. Drain and rinse well.
- Place the nuts and water in the high power blender like Vitamix and blend together until smooth. Add more water a little bit at a time if you wish your sauce to have a more fluid consistency.