The reason I have a recipe for gluten free white bread is because bread is such a staple in our food culture!
The reason I have a recipe for gluten free white bread is because bread is such a staple in our food culture! We make sandwiches with it, we spread all kinds of tasty things on it like butter, pate or honey. It’s fast and easy to make a snack with. Many of my clients had a hard time implementing a gluten-free diet because they miss the convenience of bread so much. And unfortunately, commercially made gluten-free breads often contain a lot of unhealthy additives.
Well here it is the gluten free white bread that we miss so much! My recipe offers a well balanced composition of nutrients. It includes a high protein content from eggs, flaxseed, millet and coconut flour, healthy fats from olive oil and flaxseed, carbs from millet, and fiber from coconut flour, millet and flaxseed.
Health Benefits Of Flaxseeds
The health benefits of flaxseed are countless.
- First of all it plays an important role in regulating estrogen production and metabolism, lowering the risk of breast cancer and improving the symptoms related to menopause.
- Lignans in flaxseed reduce the risk of incidence and recurrence of breast cancer by suppressing cancer tumor growth and metastasis.
- Flaxseeds are high in alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) plant source of Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3s enhance anti-inflammatory pathways in our body and protect us against heart disease.
- The use of flaxseed oil has been shown to be beneficial for kids with ADHD, improving their symptoms and hyperactivity scores.
- The soluble fiber in flaxseeds promotes regularity and soothes the digestive tract. It slows down the rate of carbohydrate digestion and absorption, helping regulate blood sugar.
Gluten Free White Bread
3/4 cup light flaxseed meal
1 ½ cup water
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 cup millet flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 olive oil or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together flaxseed meal and water, let sit for about 5-10 minutes. When the mixture becomes goopy it’s ready.
- In a food processor combine all dry ingredients, coconut and millet flour, salt, and baking soda, pulse together.
- Add eggs, oil and flaxseed and water mixture to dry ingredients in the food processor and mix together.
- Pore the batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place loaf pan in the oven on the middle rack, and bake for about 50-60 minutes. Insert a matchstick in the middle of the loaf, if nothing sticks to it the bread is ready.
- Remove bread from loaf pan, let cool completely before slicing.