My Chocolate Bombs taste like candy, but they are a balanced meal in one little ball!
Even though it looks and tastes like candy, sweet and chocolaty, it’s a balanced meal in one little ball! My raw chocolate bombs have it all – healthy fats from coconut butter/oil, almonds, and flaxseeds, fiber from flax meal and almonds, carbohydrates from honey and almonds, protein from almonds, and minerals and antioxidants from cocoa powder. They contain several ingredients that qualify as Superfoods: cocoa powder, flax seeds, honey, and coconut. These chocolate bombs are very nutritious and make a perfect treat at the end of a meal!
Health Benefits of Raw Honey
- Raw honey is rich in minerals, enzymes, prebiotics, and antioxidants.
- Most of the sugar in honey is in the form of simple sugars (monosaccharides), which are much easier to digest. In fact, simple sugars don’t require any digestion at all but get absorbed right away.
- Honey, unlike sugar, has strong antibacterial properties and has been used by humans as food and medicine for millennia.
- I recommend buying raw organic honey to eat and for use in recipes like this one. Be aware, however, that if you heat honey over 118 degrees, the enzymes that make it such a Superfood will be ruined.
Health Benefits of Raw Cocoa
- Raw cocoa is highest in antioxidants than any other food on earth! Antioxidants protect our DNA and the integrity of cell membranes from free-radical damage.
- Cocoa is high in vitamin C and many minerals, especially iron and magnesium.
- It also contains a significant amount of tryptophan, an amino acid needed to produce serotonin. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that reduces anxiety and improves mood.
- Cocoa is a mild stimulant that might increase blood flow to the brain, improving cognitive function.
- Eat and use raw cocoa because once it is processed and heated, cocoa loses most of its health benefits. Raw cocoa is widely available online.
2 cups raw almonds
1 cup flaxseed meal
¼ cup coconut butter or oil, melted
3 Tbsp raw honey
¼ cup raw cocoa powder
cocoa powder or shredded coconut for garnish (optional)
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds until you achieve a fine meal.
- Add the flax meal and cocoa powder and pulse together.
- Add coconut butter or oil and honey to the rest of the ingredients and blend until well incorporated.
- Roll a tablespoon of the mixture into a ball between your hands. Optional: roll the balls in cocoa powder or shredded coconut.
- Let the balls cool and harden in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Enjoy at the end of a meal!
Freedom from hunger and cravings until lunch
Please tell me where I should send the recipe book.